Cumbria’s visitor economy
Cumbria and the Lake District is one of Britain’s few truly world-class destinations. Our stunning landscape and heritage is strengthened by our many locally owned tourism and hospitality businesses who provide the highest standards of product, quality and service.
Cumbria’s visitor economy makes a significant contribution to the Cumbrian economy. In 2017, Cumbria and the Lake District welcomed over 47 million visitors who brought £2.9 billion to the region’s economy and provided employment for 37,796 full time equivalent posts (estimated to be 64,992 actual jobs).
Why choose Lamont Pridmore?
Lamont Pridmore is a multi-award winning, family-run firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisors. We have offices throughout Cumbria and Lancashire and, thanks to our years of experience working with a wide range of businesses in the sector, we are tourism and hospitality specialists.
We are proud to be a Strategic Partner to Cumbria Tourism whose role is to market and develop Cumbria as a world class visitor destination, and we sponsor and support the Cumbria Tourism Awards which celebrate the success and excellence demonstrated by the county’s tourism businesses.
We combine traditional values with a forward-thinking, innovative approach to the constantly changing demands of the modern business world. We take a holistic view to ensure we understand your business, the tourism and hospitality sector and your personal and family goals. At Lamont Pridmore, we focus on the future rather than the past, starting where many firms finish.
Our products and services
We are passionate about providing a personal service and offer a great range of innovative products that add real value to your business and personal life. Our specialist services can provide real value to your tourism and hospitality business and include:
- Business start-ups including our Tourism Business Start-Up Guide and Limited Company Guide
- Business viability and business plan reviews
- Preparing business plans for start-up, raising finance for expansion or further business development
- Advising on business structures and acquisition strategies
- Maximising capital allowance tax claims on refurbishment and improvement programmes
- Maximising capital allowance tax claims on “green” expenditures
- Advising on tax mitigation strategies for employee earnings, benefits, tips and profit extraction plans
- Profit improvement studies, including competitor analysis, price differentiation, creating your price model, developing key performance indicators and benchmarking reports comparing your business performance with the best in your sector
- Developing succession strategies, grooming your business for sale, maximising business sale values and advising on the most tax efficient allocation of business sale proceeds
- Protecting the family and the business
- Helping you to invest your wealth wisely, including developing your Life Wealth Plan.
You might also be interested in:
|Download our E-brochure|
|Tourism and hospitality specialists flyer|
|Download our Guide to Running a Limited Company|
|Request our Guide to Financial, Tax and Accounting Considerations of Starting your New Tourism Business|